Level Up Your Cyber Career!
For IT/Cyber Professionals
Increase your knowledge and earning potential with FREE skills training and cybersecurity certification(s).
If you have previous IT/cyber experience, this 8-week program will provide advanced SANS training and the associated GIAC certification you need to get ahead. Choose from a variety of courses including Intrusion Detection, Penetration Testing, DevSecOps, and Security Leadership. Whether you need to go deeper in your current role, want to pivot to new areas, or grow as a leader, there are offerings aligned with the federal/Department of Defense (DoD 8140) requirements that employers want to see on your resume.
Start Your Certification Journey Today!
Free training to advance your career
Benefits of VCSA
- Free Training
Your tuition is funded by the state of Virginia.
- Work While You Learn
Flexible training schedules take weeks—not years.
- Professional Mentors
Major area employers are involved.
Upskilling Program Eligibility
- Resident of Northern Virginia
- U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders)
- Financially impacted by Covid-19
- Cyber/IT work experience
(Candidates with little-to-no experience should apply to the Reskilling Academy.)
Sample Job Titles of Graduates
- Intrusion Detection & Response Analyst
- Penetration Tester
- Red Team Engineer
- Cybersecurity Engineer
- Digital Forensics Analyst
- Cyber Crime Investigator
- Cyber Threat Detection Analyst
- Network Security Engineer
- Cyber Threat Analyst
Upskilling Academy Core Curriculum
The Cyber Upskilling Academy consists of self-paced online courses that allow students to work while learning. Students have 8 weeks per course to complete the training and earn the associated certification. Students have 8 weeks to complete the training and earn the associated certification.
Choose from the following course options.
Click the course name for a detailed course description.
- Windows Forensic Analysis
- ICS/SCADA Security Essentials
- Advanced Security Essentials, Enterprise Defender
- Intrusion Detection In-Depth
- Continuous Monitoring and Security Operations
- Web App Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
- Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
- Cloud Security Essentials
- Cloud Security and DevSecOps Automation
- GICSP - Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional
- GCED - GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender
- GCIA - GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst
- GMON - GIAC Continuous Monitoring Certification
- GWAPT - GIAC Certified Web Application Penetration Tester
- GPEN - GIAC Certified Penetration Tester
- GCLD - GIAC Cloud Security Essentials
- GCSA -GIAC Cloud Security
- GSLC - GIAC Security Leadership
- GSNA - GIAC Systems Network Auditor